DOMINIC VERNHES, THE FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE ANUBIS GROUP, THE IAG FUNERAL PREFERRED PROVIDER IN FRANCE RECENTLY VISITED THE IAG HO IN PARIS.

    photo dominique bleue

    Providers C. Hermetz reports: “It is not easy to meet with Dominic, a true globe trotter travelling 300 days a year to visit the Anubis branches (Sint Maarten in the Caribbean with a second office in Martinique, another branch based in Canada). Today Anubis boasts over a total staff of 45 FTE (full time equivalent staff) and 6.500 suppliers and contacts worldwide”.

    Dominic VernhesThe second motive for Dominic’s heavy travelling is also to meet with funeral suppliers worldwide as the visits on the spot are indispensable for cooperation, Dominic told us “not only to inspect the companies we use in view of measuring their capabilities to answer to our needs (local logistic, funeral step or crisis process) but also to better understand the religious, sociological environment, funeral practice and law of the country“.

    In 2013, ANUBIS opened more than 10.000 files out of 45% were in France (From/to) whereas the remaining 55% were opened abroad for operations for non French citizen.

    Anubis covers the whole chain of assistance services offered to the bereaved families (funerals on the spot, administrative duties related to the deceased, transportation, burials ) but does more also by helping the insurance companies to build up bereavement insurance products and servicing this type of insurance coverage.

    In 2011 and against a major assistance player in France, Anubis was offered the contract with Ministère des Affaires Etrangères (MAE: French Ministry of Foreign Affairs). Anubis is the 24h/365 crisis center which are activated as soon as more than 6 French citizens are deceased in a catastrophe or when the deceased have lost lives in highly sensitive cases.

    That way, Anubis was among the first services involved in Maracaibo crash airline in 2005 and the Air France Rio Paris catastrophe (June 2009), and more recently in the Laos airlines crash (October 2013) and in the repatriation of two RFI (Radio France International radio) journalists killed in Mali (November 2013).

    The Anubis branch in Saint Martin (Caribbean) has been opened to have local presence in view of the numerous cases in relation to the 26 million cruise passengers a year in the region. Anubis has set up an alarm center and morgue in St Martin.

    Anubis will be present at the next IAG Forum in Las Vegas (April 9th and 10th) to explain further their capabilities and specifics about funeral assistance in the Caribbean.